2015: Palm Springs Lions Foundation established.
The Palm Springs Lions Club was established in the spring of 1937. Since then it has provided a wide range services to the community. We do more than provide eye exams and eyeglasses for the youth of the Coachella Valley. We provide free vision clinics for people of all ages. The value of these services is over $60,000 each year. We award students with citizenship awards and scholarship to high school graduates to allow them to continue their education. We provide outreach to other organizations and groups. That's because we help where help is needed in or communities.
March 3, 1937. The Club received its charter with Raymond Cree as President. It was the first service club in Palm Springs.
1938: The Club made its first citizenship award to the outstanding boy and girl of the graduation class of Francis Stevens Elementary School.
1939-40: Major Club project was the purchase of Palm Springs' first ambulance.
1946: Major Club project was the building of the first tennis courts for the Palm Springs High School
1946: We purchased our first guide dog. It was given to a young girl who was blind.
2014: Palm Valley Leo Club established
Palm Springs Lions Club